Personage

It plays on my mind
This body, this vessel that I drag around.
Adorned with another self’s glory
It listens without any sound.

Our parents, our country our gods
Connect us, to who we are
Styled by those forces around us
Our body is trapped inside forms.

It’s shaped and controlled by the others
Attempts to fit in to the ‘norms’.
It’s easier you see to be similar
Just with the flow, please conform.

Don’t question or demand answers
But accept what you’re given, you know.
Too busy to make time, you are difficult
Enough as it is, we all know.

"Provide me with clues to the answers,
Lay out all the facts one by one"
If I present a case for my body
Then certain, most certain I’ve won.

Encasement is safe, it’s protected
No risk of hurt, compromised
The label, the bottle detected, the self
Scrutinized analysed.

It plays on my mind

This body, this vessel that I drag around.
Adorned with another self’s glory
It listens without any sound.


Certified, backs the prize, the right answer,
Gazed on the goal, by all eyes
Desiring a red-wax sealed approval
Personage, so divine.

The Master to Slave
Enslaved Master,
Driven along by his chauffeur at dawn,
Held up esteemed through a Power, disaster on hold - Red.

Forget the shadows inside us
Hide our ‘beings’ behind all our masks
Push back all the feelings within us,
It really won’t matter, don’t ask.

Privately I ponder to why, my body is unreasonable,
Immediately, it puts my mind to question.
My mind will answer with answers that conform.
To readdress the ‘balance’/equilibrium re stored.

Our shadows crossed that day
My own shadow fell away.
The shell it left behind, holds something
Blood, sweat and tears, not sure why.

I sensed your intention, it’s hard to explain,
Responded to it, felt your pain,
Challenged a response unexpected.
I learnt something that day.

Surprises are around every corner
Each lift, every fall or release
To help to redefine order
And find resolute - harmony and peace.



Comments

  1. Hi Agata. Just wishing you well for the final hurdle! Hope to see you in London x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, thank you. As I am in Module 2 ( I have deferred last semester), unfortunately I won't make it to London for the presentations this time, but I will listen via Skype!!! Looking forward to it and wishing you all the best and looking forward to hearing your presentation, as I have always enjoyed reading your blogs!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflexive practise

Outside in to Inside Out!