Memes and genes?


 
A meme is an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture.
Personality traits.
My son tells me this word has been engulfed and takes on a new meaning.

A gene 'is a sequence of DNA or RNA that codes for a molecule that has a function. 
Inheriting prenotypic traits to our offspring.
My son tells me science can manipulate genes, giving them new meaning.

Our identity is in continual flux, as is science and the creative arts equally.

Is there really one truth?




Comments

  1. My wide wrote her thesis in philosophy of law with the title, "The Truth and the Brazilian Criminal Process". . . . She didn't find the truth . . . good luck.
    P.S. Apparently according to her the truth changes constantly, so we can't find it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflexive practise

Outside in to Inside Out!