What do you value enough to collect?



Are you a collector?

I have made a decision to list my antiques, whimsies and rare china teacups on Ebay and start a new much more interesting collection!

My son recently decided my rare antique collection of china cups was in need of recycling and decided to de-clutter our French dresser to Relate.  I found it difficult to share his contempt shown towards my rare china!

The collecting and culmination of our experience and ideas assisting each other in the development of our inquiries has taken place, much to the relief of my family!

On the last skype session we agreed that a problem halved is a problem shared and sharing with each other will inevitable provide reinforcement and support in our journey into Module 2.  The only way we can do this is to trust each other with our ideas and open up.  If we are guarded and secretive and protect our ideas from others thinking we are truly special and unique then this collaboration will fail.

So I am going to start with open questions to all as follows and hope you will be brave enough to share your experiences and knowledge.

How are we to reach the children in a dance class who see the world through a complex lense?  Do you alter your communication to connect with them?  If so, HOW?  When has this worked?  Why do you think it worked?  Do you share my passion in successfully inspiring all members in a dance class rather than the select few?  What are your goals as a teacher and what do you value or see as success?

Thanks
Please ask any questions linked to your own ideas on your inquiry back and I will whole-heartedly share my own experiences with you for you to ponder or dismiss, that's fine.

 

Comments

  1. Can you elaborate on "complex lens"? But yes, I definitely believe it's my responsibility to do my best to draw out each and every student and establish a healthy working connection. If I can do that with each student and see them working hard and improving, I consider that a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Hannah, I think it very important to try to reach out to every student and accompany them, as best as we can on their individual learning journey, picking them up where they are. Van Manen (1991) described pedagogy as "a fascination with the growth of the other". I really like this description and therefore I would consider witnessing students grow and see them take ownership of their learning, as success.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflexive practise

Outside in to Inside Out!