The appropriation of other people's stories.

This struck a chord with me.
How we read into others and how our own concepts alter what we hear/chose to hear.
This is fascinating.

Our complex minds.

I am looking forward to 'recognising what I don't recognise I know' and eventually to 'know it, recognise it and recognise I recognise it!!
The first step is to decide on the research.  Many ideas to research interest and excite.  Pin pointing one will be difficult and so I am looking at how these ideas might connect and reinforce each other.
Looking at the Research model and the differing approaches is really interesting and these will be decided on when I can decide on the Research Inquiry!!

Positivist and non-positivist.  Nothing is really clear-cut and so I come from a non-positivist viewpoint and embrace the qualitative research methods.  However, to define things sometimes can make things easier for others and some technical aspects of dance can be fairly defined.

Building trust in relationships in all aspects of life including research is one to ponder on.

What are your thoughts on reading the Handbook?




Comments

  1. I too have begun to think about my inquiry subject and have a few ideas in playing around with, find it really hard to pin point one specific are for the course all will impact and are relevant to my practice.
    Really excited about the future of this module and inquiry.
    Think I may read the handbook again before weeks out to see what I get from it 2nd time around

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflexive practise

Outside in to Inside Out!