New ISTD inter tap and AoL's

New Intermediate ISTD Tap

I have just come back from the new Inter Tap course with one of my former teachers Heather Rees.
What an inspiration she is!  The syllabus is incredible.  The younger girls were really picking up the new work quickly and it was taking my old knee injury and my brain somewhat longer.  But you find that rather than just learning the work you are contemplating the teaching of it.  I loved the sequences and slides!!  Day 2 is to come.  Looking forward to the turning steps.
Having taken my Adv 2 and Associate Tap and National both with Heather Rees I realise how fortunate I was to have her as my mentor and teacher.  The new work features some of the Advanced steps and the build up from the new grades.  I am yet to learn the Grades 5 and 6 and realise there are a few gaps in my learning where paddles and around the sides are concerned.  It makes you realise the importance of the 'build-up's' and for children to follow through the grades without skipping any.

How are your AoL's coming along - only five full days to go, before the draft.
Deadlines are always essential for me to get moving on work.  What do you find, are you disciplined with deadlines or do you tend to work better under pressure, pushing yourself to the final minute.  I have learnt to manage my time sensibly these days but in my early days used to leave it all until the last minute! 
Jane


Comments

  1. Haha the AOLs are in now, but I hate pressure! Definitely work better with lots of time. That tap course sounds fun; how did day 2 go?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflexive practise

Outside in to Inside Out!