I am really enthusiastic about linking dance to drama and exploring plays / stories that can be converted to either dance only or a combination of the two disciplines (but not musicals). I admire the innovation of the Northern Ballet Theatre http://northernballet.com and Christopher Gable for their interpretations/adaptations of plays and stories to dance form. I remember being transfixed particularly by 'The Christmas Carol' many years ago and draw on my early childhood when dancing the role of The Little Matchgirl. I line of inquiry I'm interested in is exploring regional accents, culture and words to create something originally expressive and new.
I am also really enthusiastic about the joining together of different dance forms and ideas. Such as The RiverDance - riverdance.com with Irish and Tap and Tap Dogs - www.tapdogs.com, with percussion and Tap. I would love to look further into exploring rhythms naturally used in language, life & communication as well as everyday sounds around us and find the common denominator with dance and storytelling. I like the notion of noise/words, emotion, response/react and movement. Sometimes the music and story will do this for us but I would be keen to create a unique piece of theatre from sounds we all relate to and develop it step by step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflexive practise

Outside in to Inside Out!